Devise, implement and integrate AWS services as an AWS Cloud Engineer.
As an AWS Cloud Engineer, you will help with the technical growth of our services. You will become part of our managed services team which delivers both management and projects for our existing customers.
You devise, implement and integrate AWS services based on code and do not hesitate to support colleagues with similar complex issues. You further find it challenging to collaborate on projects and present your results to colleagues or customers.
As a person, you like depth and challenges and know how to turn these (in cooperation with the team and customers) into practical solutions.
What are you going to do?
- Dev: with a DNA built around Software development, Data and Cloud, it is not surprising that we see ‘Everything is Code’ as a starting point. We expect experience with ‘Infrastructure as Code’ such as CloudFormation and/or Terraform. We greatly appreciate if you can already combine this with programming languages like Python and Typescript or have a clear intrinsic motivation to make this your own.
- Sec: When you say AWS, you say Security. Your designs and implementations are secure, as are the solutions to be built to manage client environments.
- Ops: you love solving complex problems and you know how to keep stakeholders informed of the status of your activities correctly and in a timely manner.
- Build: you feel comfortable conceiving and building innovative Cloud platform solutions that are supportive of our customers and our services.
- Well-architected: you are aware of the AWS Well-Architected Framework and see what you can technically accomplish with it in improving our customers’ Cloud maturity.
- Communicate: in a customer-facing role as an AWS Cloud Engineer, proper communication and managing expectations are essential skills. We see the absolute value of these and we hope you feel the same way.
What do you get in return?
Craftsmanship, knowledge sharing and innovation are our focus.
That’s why you can count on extensive development and training opportunities. You see opportunities and seize them. We meet regularly at the office, for a pleasant lunch but especially to share experiences. This is how we help each other with projects and associated challenges. You can also count on:
- A salary between €4000 and €5500, depending on your knowledge and experience. On top of your salary you will receive a monthly net expense allowance of € 75.
- 29 days of paid leave
- A profit-sharing plan
- A laptop and phone (or monthly allowance for your phone)
- € 50 allowance for sports and recreation.
- Good retirement benefits, for which Luminis pays 55% of the premium and 100% of the premium for ANW and WIA gap insurance.
- The opportunity to work hybrid and a budget of €600 to make your home office suitable. In addition, you can take advantage of a travel allowance or lease car.
- Plenty of development opportunities (and a training budget). You are surrounded by experts and internal sessions are organized continuously. There are also opportunities to participate in (external) meetups and events.
- Opportunities to participate in training and activities at our Luminis Academy.
- A highly motivated team of extraordinary colleagues, who are keen to share their knowledge and experience with you.
What do we ask from you?
To start: that you feel at home with us! With approximately 160 employees we are not a small player but certainly not an Enterprise and we appreciate the short lines of communication. We also offer you opportunities for development and growth and that you have the space to make the most of your potential within Luminis. In short, there are a number of important points that are required:
- Several years of experience in a technical (Cloud) engineering role. You find it challenging to figure out complex issues and turn them into technical solutions in a structured way.
- More than 2 years of experience building and managing AWS infrastructure. Your knowledge and experience with AWS is preferably backed by certifications and a desire to keep up with your certifications.
- You have experience scripting solutions. We see experience with Python or Typescript to integrate services or applications with each other as a very welcome plus.
- (AWS) Container platforms, containers and common related container tools are known or you have the motivation to become proficient in these within a considerable time.
- Infrastructure you set up naturally with code (think CloudFormation and/or Terraform).
At Luminis, we do things a little differently. You can tell by who we are and how we work. With pleasure, for example. We are convinced that a shared passion and pleasure in your work lead to the best results. Results that we achieve with empathy, professionalism and entrepreneurship. This is how we add value for clients, employees and society. We do this throughout the Netherlands.
In total, about 160 professionals work on high-quality technical solutions for more than 100 clients, including great brands such as Albert Heijn, Nike and Bol.com. We are also socially involved in projects such as the RopaRun, the ALS Foundation and Devvox4kids. We are leading the way in cloud, data, e-learning, Internet of Things and e-commerce and our employees speak at conferences around the world.
Want to learn more about Luminis? We have put together an introductory box for you. Request it free of charge here.