Would you like to be our new Data Engineer?
As a Data Engineer you have a strong focus on the data platform in addition to back-end software development, as well as on the use of the platform by analysts and data scientists of the customer or partner.
In Amsterdam you will work with a team of motivated colleagues. We focus primarily on technologies in the field of search, Machine Learning and data. Through these technologies we know how to deliver added value to many interesting commercial companies.
What are you going to do?
- As a Data Engineer, in addition to back-end software development, you have a strong focus on the data platform, as well as on the use of the platform by analysts and data scientists of the customer or partner
- You are responsible for setting up and maintaining data infrastructures for our customers
- You guide the customer in making choices with regard to technical solutions and you recommend the correct data infrastructure elements. We mainly work with technologies such as SQL, Hadoop, Python, Spark and R.
- The deployment on projects can be very diverse, one time you work on a use case with a lead time of 2 weeks, the other time you put down proof of concept in 2 months and the next time you are on a substantive job with a lead time from 1 year. In short: you like complex puzzles but also want to shape the context of the puzzle!
What do we ask from you?
- It is a requirement that you speak Dutch fluently
- Completed relevant (IT) training
- Knowledge of Hadoop / Hortonworks environment
- Programming knowledge, eg Hadoop, Java, Python, R, Kafka and Spark
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL
- Knowledge / interest in data security solutions (eg Ranger and Knox).
What do you get in return?
A cosy, intimate team where you will be approached personally. Projects in consultation, with attention to your learning path and ambition. A special workplace in a former sugar silo, a daily walk at lunchtime, fresh fruit and good coffee. Flexibility, independence and entrepreneurship. Challenging terms of employment – which we would like to explain in an introductory meeting. And all that within a larger organisation, where inspiring events as well as fun team outings are regularly organised. Do we need to say more?
About Luminis Amsterdam
Luminis is a cosy and close team that is seriously working on fulfilling its dreams in which creativity, technology and data come together. We are future builders and help with devising digital solutions and changing customer experience and behaviour through creativity. We develop smart search and data solutions and push the boundaries of what is possible with technology. We seek to achieve this through our driven approach, with a positive critical attitude and great passion for our profession.