Are you enthusiastic about data and search?
Then you are the full-stack developer we are looking for! For us, a full-stack developer can mean someone who is good at back-end development and has a healthy interest in front-end. But the other way round works as well: a good front-end developer who also likes to work on the back-end every now and then. It doesn’t mean that you have to be a specialist in everything, we don’t believe in that either. Your expertise is therefore primarily in one of the components, but you have a clear interest and preferably also experience in the other components.
Which roles do we distinguish?
Backenders at Luminis mainly work in Java, we tend to use Java 8/9. To be effective, we use a number of frameworks. Think of the Spring framework. Most projects are made with Spring boot. We also look at libraries from the Netflix stack to build better applications. Many of our projects use a REST link between the back and front of the application. This communication must of course be secured, so basic knowledge about matters such as CORS, Basic authentication, cookies, tokens and the like is an advantage.
As a frontender, you’re responsible for building usable products. We work a lot on reusable components with AngularJS, but also with React. Of course you can handle issues such as css / sass / less, html5, jQuery, npm, grunt, webpack very well. We also expect good insight into how to make a good dashboard and we expect you to constantly look for better techniques to build good products.
What do we ask from you?
- It is a requirement that you speak Dutch fluently
- Because we are a team that works a lot with data, you should at least be interested in this. Experience with one or more types of data stores (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Mysql / Postgres) is therefore a must. In addition, it’s a plus if you have experience with technologies such as: Kafka, Spark, Flink.
- You can work with tools such as Intellij (eclipse is also allowed), Git and Maven and you have experience with Linux and (application) containers.
- Further, you prefer to have some experience with AngularJS and / or React
- As a frontier you are responsible for building usable products. We work a lot on reusable components for AngularJS, but also for React. Of course you can handle issues such as css / sass / less, html5, jQuery, npm, grunt, webpack very well.
What do you get in return?
- Of course everything you need to do your job well: MacBook Pro, mobile phone allowance, excellent salary, generous annual leave … you name it!
- The space to discover and use your initiatives and ideas. There is always room for brilliant (or less brilliant) ideas
- A motivated team of professional colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge and experience with you
- The opportunity and support in the further development of your professional skills through training and conferences. We welcome active contributions to papers / presentations and national and international conferences.
About Luminis Amsterdam
Luminis is a cozy and close team that is seriously working on fulfilling its dreams in which creativity, technology and data come together. We are future builders and help with devising digital solutions and changing customer experience and behaviour through creativity. We develop smart search and data solutions and push the boundaries of what is possible with technology. We do this through our driven approach with a positive critical attitude and great passion for our profession.