As a Search Engineer you become part of a team with data experts!
Are you interested in technologies such as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing? As a Search Engineer you get started with these technologies!
What are you going to do?
As a Search Engineer you not only have to understand the structure of a text, but also understand how people want to find this text. You must be able to convert that to a good search service. In addition to the technical implementation, as a Search Engineer you find it just as important to think about how you can measure whether the search works well, and how you can use the interaction with search results to improve the service. You must also be interested in the current and future state of search in general. For example, a Search Engineer is also interested in technologies related to Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. This means reading articles, trying out new technologies, and actively participating in search communities.
This broad interest is important to us because we want to help customers offer their users a better experience. As a multidisciplinary team, we help our customers to improve their current search. Based on a Search Maturity Scan, we come up with a step-by-step plan for embedding search in the organisation in the right way.
What do we ask from you?
- It is a requirement that you speak Dutch fluently
- Healthy interest in Natural Language Processing (Entity Recognition, Query Understanding, Word Embeddings)
- Experience with Scrum and other project methodology
- Experience with version management systems: Git and the like
- A relevant education in IT. It goes without saying that a brilliant autodidact is more than welcome!
What do you get in return?
- Of course everything you need to do your job well: MacBook Pro, mobile phone allowance, excellent salary, generous annual leave … you name it!
- The space to discover and use your initiatives and ideas. There is always room for brilliant (or less brilliant) ideas
- A motivated team of professional colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge and experience with you
- The opportunity and support in the further development of your professional skills through training and conferences. We welcome active contributions to papers / presentations and national and international conferences.
About Luminis Amsterdam
Luminis is a cosy and close team that is seriously working on fulfilling its dreams in which creativity, technology and data come together. We are future builders and help with devising digital solutions and changing customer experience and behaviour through creativity. We develop smart search and data solutions and push the boundaries of what is possible with technology. We seek to achieve this through our driven approach, with a positive critical attitude and great passion for our profession.