Java is an awesome platform and probably the best choice for any kind of enterprise (web) application today. But how do you design a system that can evolve for many years in production? And how do we run such systems in the cloud?
This course teaches you how to benefit from a modular programming model meanwhile dealing with these complex issues. It wil present a practical and proven solution for building modular Java Enterprise applications that can be deployed into a (public / private) cloud. We will not only focus on technical features, but also on architectural aspects like non-functional requirement, dependency management, design considerations and testability.
- Course introduction modular software development:Â Why modularity is important, Runtime modularity Â introduction
- OSGi Basics:Â Creating Bundles, Imports / exports, Activators, Bundle Lifecycle, Services (by hand), Services with Felix Dependency Manager, Running a Framework, The Gogo Shell, Service Dynamics, Bundle Projects vs Sub-Bundles, Dynamic Classloading and Dynamic Imports
- Advanced OSGi Usage and Patterns:Â Managed Services, Managed Service Factory, IntegrationTesting, Whiteboard Pattern, Aspect Pattern, Extender Pattern, Event Admin
- Web Application Architecture:Â Reference architectuur, HTTP Service, RESTful Web Services, RESTful API Design Considerations, HTML/JS Clients
- Polyglot Persistence Strategies:Â JDBC, JPA, MongoDB
- Deployment and Provisioning:Â Dependency Management and Semantic Versioning, Releasing Bundles, Apache ACE, Web Console
Each participant receives a copy of the book Building Modular Cloud Apps with OSGi. Written by Bert Â Ertman and Paul Bakker. Published by Oâ€™Reilly Media.
Software developers and architects and anyone who wants to know more about Modular Java Development using OSGi.
- Participants are expected to have a firm understanding of the Java programming language
- Participants have to bring a laptop with at leastÂ Eclipse development environment with you. If you donâ€™t have a laptop, noÂ problem, weâ€™ll take care of this. Just let us know.
- Before the start of the training, the payment due to be paid.