What is a cookie?
Use of permanent cookies
With the help of a permanent cookie we can recognize you when you visit our website again. The website can therefore be specially adjusted to your preferences. Even when you have given permission to place cookies, we can remember this by means of a cookie. Because of this you do not have to repeat your preferences so you save time and can make a more pleasant use of our website. You can delete permanent cookies via your browser settings.
- Functional cookies: make our website more user-friendly.
- Statistics cookies: help us analyse the use of our website.
- Marketing cookies: are used to share vacancies or web pages via social media and to select relevant advertisements.
Functional cookies: cookies for a user-friendly website
We use functional cookies in order to make our website more user-friendly. You do not have to give permission for these types cookies, because they allow us to give you a better user experience. With the help of a transient cookie we can see which parts of the website you have viewed during your visit. This allows us to adapt our services to the online behaviour of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
You can see which systems we use to make our websites more user-friendly. The following cookies can be placed during your visit:
- HelpCrunch. Luminis uses the chat function HelpCrunch to allow you to chat with our employees. HelpCrunch shows us your location and IP address. You can read more about how your data is handled in HelpCrunch’s privacy statement.
- Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager (GTM) is an extension of Google Analytics, which provides more detailed data about how users move through the website. This script is used to gain valuable insights into the effectiveness and quality of a website.
Statistics cookies: cookies that help us analyse our website
- Google Analytics. When visiting our website, a cookie from the American company Google is placed as part of their “analytics’ service. We use this service to keep track of and receive reports on how visitors use the website. Google can provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We have no way to influence these practices. We have however not allowed Google to use the obtained analytics information for other Google services. The information that Google collects is anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address is expressly not provided. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google states that it adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
- Hotjar. With Hotjar’s cookies we anonymously register the behaviour of visitors on our website, such as mouse movements, scrolling and clicks. Hotjar does not share any of this anonymous data with third parties. Read Hotjar’s privacy statement to learn more.
Marketing cookies: cookies for advertising
Marketing cookies allow us to see which pages you have visited on our website. We use this information to select relevant Luminis advertisements on other websites that you visit in the future. We work closely with advertising partners such as LinkedIn, Google and Facebook. Through these partners we can select target groups for whom our advertisements may be of interest. Our advertising partners can use advertising cookies to track which other websites you visit. We use Google Tag Manager to analyse visitor behaviour and adapt marketing campaigns accordingly. We only place these cookies after you have given us permission to do so.
Note: You may still see Luminis advertisements even if you have not given us permission to place these cookies. In this case we have not used your online behaviour to select which advertisements to show you.
Luminis can place advertising cookies of:
Do you want to know which data these companies process and how? Read their privacy statements. These statements are changed regularly, depending on new demands.
Right to view and correct or delete your data
You have the right to request access to and correction or deletion of your data. See our privacy statement for this.In order to prevent abuse, we may ask you to identify yourself before we access your data. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must always send us a copy of the cookie in question. You can find this copy in your browser settings.
Enabling, disabling and removing cookies
More information about switching on and off and removing cookies can be found in the instructions and / or with the help function of your browser.
For questions and more information
If you have any questions or remarks regarding cookies you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.