Luminis achieves growth ambitions with Private Equity firm M80
Brussels – September 2nd, 2022 – Luminis announces today that the private equity fund M80 has acquired a majority stake in the company. The Belgian M80 offers software and technology company Luminis the opportunity to further expand its strategy and market position. Luminis becomes part of a platform that also includes XPLUS, a Belgian expert in enterprise IT architecture. M80 plans to make selective acquisitions in Europe in the coming months with the aim of building a portfolio of best-in-class digital transformation specialists.
Hans Bossenbroek, CEO Luminis about accelerating the strategy: “Due to the tight labor market, organic growth of Luminis proved to be a challenge. With the help of the private equity fund M80 it is now possible to realize our growth ambitions.”
After acquiring XPLUS in April 2022, M80 has now taken the next step in its development of a full-service digital transformation provider in Europe. By becoming part of this group of companies, Luminis can accelerate the broadening of its services and products portfolio in the field of digital transformation.
Hans Bossenbroek will lead this new group of companies and will take responsibility for the further development of the digital transformation services. “The rapid developments in the market and technology require a multidisciplinary approach based on customer value and innovation. We strive to be the full-service provider for our customers in the field of Cloud and data.” With this step, Hans hands over the baton to Jeroen Bouvrie, who will take on the task of Managing Director Luminis.
Jeroen Bouvrie, Managing Director Luminis: “I am convinced that together with XPLUS and other companies that will join our platform in the future, we can support customers even better in their digital transformation. Bringing parties together fits exactly in the line of thought and strategy of Luminis; we do not look for synergy afterwards, but aim to add value for our customers as quickly as possible.”
Carl Annicq, M80 Partners: “M80 aims to bring together companies with superior capabilities to save customers the frustration of working with mediocre IT vendors – we are thrilled to have convinced a quality player like Luminis to join this initiative alongside XPLUS. We look forward to further steps to strengthen our group internationally.”
- Luminis was founded in 2002 and offers customers high-quality solutions in the field of Cloud and Data. Luminis has partnerships with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft, among others.
- In addition, Luminis is the initiator and driving force of the IT training program Accelerate with, among others, Thales, Bosch and the Dutch Tax Authorities.
- Luminis has 150 employees and has offices in Amersfoort, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Arnhem and Apeldoorn and provides its services to, for example, Thales, Alliander, Huuskes, BDR Thermea, bol.com and The Learning Network.
- More information on https://www.luminis.eu
- M80 Partners is the management company of M80 Capital, a private equity fund established in November 2018, investing in companies in Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Founded by Peter Maenhout, the investment team consists of seasoned private equity professionals, but also entrepreneurs, former CEOs and digital pioneers.
- The company focuses on growth companies in healthcare, consumer, business services and industry. The M80 team invests in companies it can help digitally transform to accelerate sales and improve operations.
- More information on https://m80partners.com/
- Founded in 2010 by Wim Vochten, XPLUS provides consulting services focused on digital transformation through the implementation of business-critical enterprise IT architecture and digital solutions in the BeNeFraLux.
- Among its 100+ highly experienced consultants, 75% worked earlier as a principal consultant or partner with a top 5 consultancy firm.
- XPLUS serves blue chip clients in a variety of sectors, mainly in banking, insurance, telco and retail.
- More information on https://www.xplus.eu
Hans Bossenbroek – CEO: +31 622801230, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carl Annicq – M80 Partners: +32 495 58 10 27 – email@example.com